- Green spinach 1/2 cup
- Red spinach (we call it LAL BHAAJI) 1/2 cup
- 3-4 medium sized tomatoes
- 3-4 medium sized onions
- 1 full garlic cloves
- 4 inch ginger
- 3-4 green chilli
- Finely chopped coriander
- 2 cup rice + 5 cup water
- 4 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder , cardamom-cloves powder, roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder,
- 1/2tsp cumin and mustard seeds
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tej patta
- Curry leaves
- 2-4 mint leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp butter / ghee
- 1 round box or circular pot
Method:- You need to do three steps simultaneously
cooking rice ~~~
- wash rice with water and soak in water for atleast 1 hour.
- Then heat water in a big bowl or pot and once it comes to boiling add rice followed by salt as per taste and allow it to cook for 8-10 mins keep stirring occasionally..
- check it …! If its cooked then strain it in strainer… and keep aside. Do not cover it..! Allow it cool.
- Take the cooker add 1/2 cup water and boil red spinach for 5 mins
- Once the cooker is cooled take it out and grind it with help of grinder and set the paste aside
- Take a cooker add 1/2 cup water and green spinach and boil it for 5 mins .
- Once the cooker is cooled take it out and grind it with help of grinder and make paste of it and keep in bowl…
- Take onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, mint leaves, green chillies and make a smooth paste of it using mixer grinder
- Take a pan add oil and heat it
- add cumin and mustard seed allow it to crake
- Add curry leaves, tej patta, cinnamon powder , turmeric powder & add paste and cook it for 5-7 mins add all the powder masala… and cook … add salt as per your taste..!!
- Divide your gravy in 4 different bowl
- Bowl 1– mix gravy with boiled green spinach and cook for 5 mins then add 5tbsp rice
- Bowl 2 – mix gravy with red spinach and cook for 5 mins then add 5 tbsp rice
- Bowl 3- mix gravy with 5 tbsp rice
- Bowl 4- keep it for serving (you can use for paneer or serve it separately)
Now for yellow rice or top layer
Take a pan.. add 1/2 tsp oil and heat it add pinch of turmeric powder and add white rice… turn of flame and mix it untill its well combined..!!
Now its time to assemble all :::—-
Take your circular pot grease its inside wall with ghee or butter
- Add first layer of yellow rice and set it with help of slightly wet hands..
- Add second layer above it of white rice
- Add third layer of green rice
- Add fourth layer of red rice
- Add fifth layer of orange rice
- add sixth layer of white rice
Set all the layers with help of slightly wet hands do not use spoon….
Decorate your plate with cucumber and onions…!! Garnish with green onions and freshly chopped coriander….!!! And serve it with gravy
Do try this at home and let me know your views in the comment section below…!!! For doubts query me…
Thanks & Regards