- Boiled potatoes 2-3 medium sized
- 1/4 cup boiled peas
- 1/4 cup oil (greasing /frying all included)
- 1tsp cumin and mustard seeds
- some curry leaves 2 mint leaves
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies
- 1tbsp garlic ginger paste (garlic optional)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1tsp dry mango powder
- Salt and red chilli powder as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp each masala ( turmeric, cloves , cinnamon , cumin roast powder, hing)
- 1 tej patta
- Instant dhokla batter / traditional batter (you can use any way you prefer)
- 4-5 steel round glasses
- Fresh coriander for garnishing…
- Take 3 tbsp oil in pan heat it and add mustard and cumin seeds cook for 10-15 sec.
- Add green chillies , curry leaves , garlic ginger paste, tej patta
- Add peas
- Add all masala
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes
- Give it a good mix and cook for 5 mins in low flame…!!! Add coriander …
- Your filling is ready…!!
- Allow it to cool…!!!
- Till then prepare your batter…!!! The way you want..!! (traditional/ instant)
- Now…!! Take 4-5 glasses and grease its inside wall with oil…
- make rolls of your stuffing as shown
Now fill 2 tbsp batter at bottom of glass
Place the stuffing roll inside glass
And then fill the glass with remaining batter and cover the roll
Allow it cook as normal dhokla…!!! You can use cooker or any big utensil for it.
- Fill the cooker with water
- Add wired stand inside it(you can also use steel or iron strainer or channi )
- Place glasses over the stand
- Cover the lid without ring and whistle ( you can use any plate also to cover it…!!)
- Allow it to cook for 15-20 mins
- Check it by inserting knife or it comes out to be clean.
- Once its cooked allow it cool for 5-10 mins and take your cooked dhokla out of the glass
Now take a pan and 2 tbsp oil and allow it to heat..!! Add mustard and cumin seeds and apply it on the rolls…!! Cut 1/2 inch thick slice of it with help of a very sharp knife..!!
Serve it hot or cool with chutney or sauce you prefer…!!
Tip:- make samosa filling for stuffing and use your normal batter for dhokla…!!!
You got the main trick..!! go for it…!! Try this at home and let me know your views over it…!!
For any doubts contact me and share your experience in the comment section below..!!
Thanks & Regards