- Boiled chickpeas (काबुली चना / छोलेचना)
- Cornflour or ararot
- Chat masala
- 2-3 cup oil for frying
- Soak chickpea in water, over night and boil them
- procedure for boiling:——
- Add water , salt and soaked chickpeas in cooker , cover lid.
- heat in medium to low flame till 4-5 whistles.
- Allow cooker to cool down.
- Take out peas in a bowl and sprinkle 2-3 tbsp cornflour to it.
- Coat every pea with cornflour
- Do not use hand or spoon while coating cornflour
Leave it for 4-6 hours.
After 4-6 hours you are left with dry white chickpeas
Heat oil in pan and
When the oil is hot add some chickpeas in it and fry till it turns to golden brown but in low flame….!!
After 2 mins…. Stir it occasionally.
Do not stir continuously. Just 3-5 times in whole.
Don’t fry in high flame … it will turn to red and burn…. this take 10-15 mins in low flame….!!
Immediately sprinkle chat masala after taking out chickpeas from pan
If you like spice then sprinkle red chilli powder and salt as per your taste.
But its ready and complete to go with chat masala.
Serve it hot or cool… as you prefer… but hot tastes yummm…..
Once its cooled…. You can store it for 8-10 days.
You can use this chana in chana chilli.
Crispy grated potatoes If you are left with, excess of dry white corn flour then click above link and try it
Do try it at home and let me know your experience with it.
For any queries you can contact me… and let me know your experience in the comment section below….!!!!
Thanks and regards