- 1/2 cup maida and water as needed to make dough.
- 2-3 medium size boiled potatoes
- 1-2 onions finely chopped
- 3-4 finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Optional 1 capsicum and 1/4 cup sweetcorn
- 2tbsp besan or gram floor
- 1/2 tbsp barik suji or semolina
- 1 tbsp all masala written below:- Garam masala, tea masala, black pepper, red chilli powder( can use chilli flakes instead), black salt,
- 1/2 tsp each masala mentioned below :- Cinnamon powder, clove cardamom powder, cumin powder, carom powder (ajwain optional)
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil for frying(deep or shallow as you prefer)
Now take a bowl and mix all the ingredients well add salt as needed. Combine them well.
Remember besan and suji are very important if you skip them then it will not combine properly.
Take small portion from the above mixture and Make small cylinders or finger size pipe like structure from it.
- Make a dough of maida and allow to Rest it for 15 mins
- Now take small ball from dough and roll it with help of rolling pin.
- it should be little thin…
- Cut it in long strips.
- and do as shown in video:-
- Take one cylinder
- Take one strip
- Roll strip over the cylinder diagonally.
Be careful while doing this as it can break.
Now they all are ready to go inside pan for deep frying or shallow frying as you prefer.
Fry them until they turns to golden brown in medium to low flame. Do not do this in high flame.
Free tip:- don’t waste too much of time for covering cylinders from strips. Else they will not fry properly. Do it quickly.
you can use aaloo tikki recipe to make cylinders. And samosa recipe to make stripe.
Server them hot with chutney or sauce…!! Don’t allow them to cool else it will loose its crispiness and crunchiness.
Do try this and let me know your experience in the comment section below.
Thanks & Regards